|New Travel Guide > Travel Journal|
Top 5 Hotels in the US
For some travelers, their entire vacation plan is based around where they will be staying. Many people look for the best hotel or resort they can in an effort to make their vacation the best and most memorable. The United States of America offers a wide array of vacation hot spots around the country. A good hotel is easy to find in the U.S., but some people do not want to settle for "good." They want the best.
1. Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa, located in Jackson Hole, Wyoming is, without question, one of the best luxury hotels in the U.S.. Guests at the Rusty Parrot are treated to a rustic themed vacation, complete with wildlife safaris. In the fall, visitors can take part in the elk bugling, wolves and grizzlies safari offered by the lodge. The safari explores the grounds of nearby Yellowstone National Park and its animal inhabitants. In the spring, a wolves and grizzlies safari is offered in the same area. If roughing it on safari is not your thing, feel free to remain at the lodge and enjoy their fine dining room and wide variety of offered activities, including golf, white water rafting, and horseback riding. Guests are also encouraged to book their appointment at the lodge's acclaimed Body Sage Spa.
2. Deep in the Great Smokey Mountains of Tennessee lays one of the best luxury hotels in the nation. Blackberry Farm is 4,200 acres of relaxation. Enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery of the Great Smokey Mountains right from your hotel room. The resort offers the Farmhouse Spa, where guests can relax while enjoying spa amenities such as hydrotherapy and massage. Guests are encouraged to head out to nearby Clinch River and partake in fly fishing. The resort prides itself on offering guests the best fly fishing east of the Rocky Mountains. The resort also offers a host of other activities such as horseback riding, hiking, canoeing and carriage rides. Guests are transported around resort grounds in Lexus vehicles and the resort offers Camp Blackberry, a full child care program parents are encouraged to take advantage of.
3. The Point Resort in Saranac Lake, New York has been called one of the most enchanting lakefront getaways in the country. Guests have a choice of selecting a room in one of four buildings - the Main Lodge, the Eagle's Nest, the Guest House and the Boat House. The resort's acclaimed dining room offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner to guests according to dietary restrictions of guests staying at the resort. During spare time, guests enjoy a number of activities at the resort. During the summer months Sarnac Lake is put to good use at the resort. Water skiing, swimming, sunset cruises, and fishing are all offered to guests. Guests opting to remain on land can take part in activities such as hiking, volleyball, badminton, and horseback riding. In the winter the resort urges guests to leave resort grounds and visit Whiteface Mountain in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains to enjoy skiing. Ice skating on Lake Sarnac is also an option and ice fishing is also a popular pastime on the frozen lake.
4. If you are looking for a posh luxury hotel resort where you will be treated like a star, look no further than The Peninsula in Beverly Hills, California. Set amidst the swanky mansions of Beverly Hills and against the backdrop of the skyline of Los Angeles, The Peninsula is the best choice for those who want a chic, modern vacation. Guests can venture off the resort's grounds to visit the city of Los Angeles, tour Beverly Hills or visit the renowned Rodeo Drive for some shopping. The luxury hotel resort offers a number of restaurants and bars, including the Roof Garden, a rooftop patio surrounded by a beautiful array of flowers and plants and adjacent to the pool and spa. The spa offers a number of treatments such as Swedish massage, Reflexology, Shiatsu, and variety of body scrubs.
5. North of Beverly Hills, travelers will find a completely different view of California. Located in central California, the Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, California is about 330 miles north of Los Angeles. Located on the cliffs overlooking the California coastline, the Post Ranch Inn is the perfect luxury hotel getaway. The inn is set up like a lodge, creating a fun, relaxing atmosphere for guests. The Post Ranch Inn is home to a full spa which offers treatments such as massage, facials, and specialized therapy. Guests can also enjoy the fitness room and pool. Yoga, guided nature walks, and star gazing are some of the activities that set this luxury hotel resort apart from others.