|New Travel Guide > Travel Journal|
Kissimmee: Ten Vacation Attractions in Addition to Disney World
Florida is one of the most popular states to vacation in due to the fact that Florida has the most popular vacation attractions. Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World are the most popular and sought after vacation spots, but Florida's attractions go far beyond these. Kissimmee, Florida has multiple attractions in itself that are not related to Disney World.
Kissimmee has its own popular and family oriented attractions that entice thousands of tourists into returning each year. When planning your next visit to Florida, check out a few of these top rated attractions in Kissimmee that has had visitors boasting and eager to return.
1. SkyScapes Balloon Tours specialize in private hot air balloon rides for couples and groups. Advance reservations are required because they only schedule one flight per day. Flight amenities include a Champagne Toast, when you will learn about ballooning and how it all got started. The After Flight Celebration will include a light snack of fruit and cheese and a First Flight Certificate to commemorate your first flight. Weekends fill up fast so it's best to reserve at least two weeks in advance.
2. Flying Tigers Restoration Warbird Museum has a fabulous collection of restored WWII planes. There are many aircrafts on display and available for flight. Some of the aircraft's include: B-52, B-25 Mitchells, P-51 Stearmans, C-47 Dakota, a Vampire and many more. This would be a wonderful and educational experience for everyone.
3. Reptile World Serpentarium invites you into a world of creepy crawlies. Featuring a large collection of snakes from around the world and kept in their own natural environment. You can attend a venom harvest demonstration, where you can learn about the process of harvesting venom that benefits international medical research.
4. Gatorland is fun for the entire family and is located near the border of Kissimmee and Orlando. Come visit Alligator Island and observe the alligators as they live and nest in a natural environment on this 110 acre theme park and wildlife preserve. Gatorland is also home to several crocodiles, flamingos and a variety of other animals as well. Come enjoy the train ride, petting zoo, nature walk, shows and so much more!
5. Old Town is home of the largest weekly car cruises with over 300 classic cars. Old Town is a great place to visit for shopping at 75 specialty stores, taking on 18 thrilling ride and dining at 8 delicious restaurants. Old Town has had visitors raving about their phenomenal experiences and eager to come back.
6. Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament where you can experience life as it was in the 11th Century. Enjoy feasting on a hearty dinner that is served to you by a wench, as you watch a Princess profess her love for her Knight and a betrayal is unveiled as the King addresses his audience. During intermission you will see an outstanding performance of horse tricks and falcon show.
7. Arabian Nights, the most honored dinner attraction in the world. You are invited to a wedding of a Prince and a Princess. Come into the Palace of Horses and meet your humble servant that will cater to your every desire. Enjoy a bountiful meal as you watch the story unfold as the wedding is threatened by an uninvited guess. The show is filled with many surprises and full of majestic costumed horses and riders.
8. Fun 'N Wheels Fun Park provides the best value for go-cart racing and arcade fans of all ages. There is a snack bar loaded with food and beverages. Best of all the admission is always free.
9. Water Mania is a water park full of fun for the whole family. Attractions include swimming, rafting and golf. This water park is great for the younger children in your family.
10. Green Meadows Petting Farm is a fantastic place to take the kids for a two hour guided tour through the farm of over 300 animals. Milk a cow, ride a pony or go on a hay ride. Expect plenty of fun and education for all ages.
All these attractions are suitable for families and are deemed very affordable. You can always make the most out of a vacation in Florida without going to Disney World. Kissimmee is truly a wonderful place to be all year round.