|New Travel Guide > Travel Journal|
Top 5 Kid Friendly Vacation Spots
Traveling with your children can be a difficult thing to plan. When searching for the perfect vacation spot for your family there are a number of factors to take into consideration. Finding a family-friendly vacation destination can be the difference between a fabulous vacation for everyone to remember and a complete disaster.
1. The top family vacation destination in the world has long been located in central Florida. Walt Disney World is filled with fun for everyone from toddlers to grandparents. Staying in a Disney Resort gives you and your family a chance to feel as if you are in another world during your stay. Walt Disney World offers your family a chance to have breakfast with Mary Poppins or lunch with Cinderella. Watch the faces of your children light up as they meet Mickey Mouse for the first time or experience their excitement as they enjoy their favorite ride in the theme park. Walt Disney World in Florida offers guests four theme parks (the Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom) and two water parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon) that are open year-round. The Walt Disney World Resort also offers a host of other activities such as Pleasure Island for adults, shopping at Downtown Disney, and a multitude of restaurants and cafes.
2. If you are looking for a tropical family vacation, look no further than the Atlantis Resort located on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. The resort offers a wide variety of attractions to keep everyone in the family having fun. The resort features eleven pools and a number of water slides and rides from kiddie pools to the Mayan Drop which plunges riders down a six-story slide into the water. The resort offers golfing, snorkeling, sailing excursions and other outdoor activities that allow you to enjoy the beautiful tropical landscape that surrounds the resort. Children under twelve years of age can visit the Discovery Channel Camp, which includes lessons about indigenous sea life, arts and crafts, aquarium visits, and guided expeditions. It is guaranteed to be a favorite of any child visiting the resort. For older guests the resort is home to a full casino, shopping, a comedy club and two dance clubs. Everyone is sure to find something to do at Atlantis.
3. If your family enjoys snowy slopes rather than sandy beaches, then be sure to plan a visit to Snowbird Resort in Snowbird, Utah. Children under twelve years of age ski free at Snowbird but the amenities do not stop at the slopes. Families can enjoy a range of activities in the winter months such as snowshoeing, snowboarding, luging, snowmobiling, ice skating and snow tubing. The resort offers live music concerts year-round and also hosts a number of competitive skiing competitions and races. Ski schools and camps are offered for children and child care services are offered for children under twelve. For adults, the resort offers a spa and fitness club.
4. For the adventurous family, the Treesort in Takilma, Oregon is the perfect family vacation destination. The Treesort offers a Swiss Family Robinson type of vacation high above the ground in the trees. The resort offers 18 different tree houses for your family to discover. The resort also includes swinging bridges, wooden swings, forts and platforms for climbing and fun. The highlight of the resort for many is the rope course that includes a 160 foot long zip-line. Families can enjoy the fresh water swimming pool, one of few attractions located on the ground, and the campsite area as well.
5. For a vacation that offers both activities and educational value, families may want to consider visiting Williamsburg, Virginia. The Kingsmill Resort offers family vacation packages that can be put together to suit any family. The resort offers both golf and tennis courses, as well as a marina. At the resort's Kids Camp children will enjoy activities like swimming and yoga, as well as time in the resort's game room. The resort is located within driving distance to both Busch Gardens theme park and historic Colonial Williamsburg. The resort is also located close to both Richmond and Norfolk, Virginia. The city of Williamsburg and the Kingsmill Resort offer a family vacation full of relaxation, activity, excitement and education.