|New Travel Guide > Travel Journal|
Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations in the U.S.
You have just tied the knot, enjoyed a beautiful wedding, and are looking forward to spending the rest of your life with the person you love the most. What better way to begin the rest of your life than with a memorable honeymoon vacation to one of the top honeymoon destinations in the United States. Whether you are looking for a quiet, laid-back stay or an action-packed vacation, chances are you will find a destination that suits the desires of you and your partner for a romantic honeymoon you will never forget.
1. The top honeymoon destination in the United States has long been Hawaii. With its pristine beaches, tropical scenery and wide variety of foods, activities and tourist spots to keep you busy, Hawaii is a popular choice for countless honeymooners from around the world. Hawaii offers a number of tourism options for the various types of guests it hosts each year. Some visitors might opt to rent a car or take a guided tour around the island they are staying on. By exploring the islands of Hawaii, guests will enjoy discovering serene waterfalls and spectacular views of the beautiful beaches that lace the outskirts of the islands. Perhaps one of the most romantic Hawaiian pastimes comes in the form of watching a sunset with your new spouse. For the active couple, Hawaii offers a number of top golf courses that honeymooners can enjoy. Schedule a tee-time and play a round of golf in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Given the high volume of honeymooners and other tourists that visit the Hawaiian Islands each year, there are a number of resorts that offer a host of activities for guests as well. Spend time in the sauna or sit by the pool, play a game of tennis or attend a Hawaiian luau. The options are endless on the islands.
2. Another American honeymoon favorite can be found on the US/Canadian border. Honeymooners can enjoy the widest and second tallest waterfall in the world at Niagara Falls in upstate New York. Countless couples even choose the scenic backdrop of the falls for their wedding ceremony. Couples can also enjoy guided boat cruises around the area of the falls. For a fun night out, honeymooners can visit Casino Niagara, conveniently located right across from Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls offers a number of tourist attractions located right around the falls. However, for honeymooners who enjoy daytrips, the scenic Catskill Mountains are not located far from the falls, and a short trip over the Canadian border can offer a different view of the massive waterfall.
3. No matter what you and your partner are looking for in a honeymoon, you are likely to find it in Florida. Florida offers a number of different vacation spots that are ideal for honeymooners. Perhaps the most visited spot in all of Florida is found in Orlando at Walt Disney World. Disney World offers special honeymoon vacation packages to cater to those looking for a romantic getaway. There are even a number of Disney resorts that attract couples rather than families. If theme parks are not your cup of tea, consider a trip further south to Key West or Miami. These areas offer classy resorts, sprawling beaches, and plenty of attractions that will keep you busy during your stay.
4. When people think about visiting California, the image that typically comes to mind is crowded streets and beaches in Los Angeles. However, when planning your honeymoon, consider a different image of California. Rolling hills, pristine mountain tops, and quaint villages - this is what you will find on your honeymoon to Napa Valley. Located north of San Francisco, California Wine Country is famous for its countless wineries and classic hospitality. Stay in a cozy bed and breakfast, sip some of the finest wine in the world, and visit antique shops in Napa Valley. Honeymooners are encouraged to take a Napa Valley winery tour map, which allows you to visit some of the finest wineries in the area and also gives you a great tour of the Napa Valley scenery.
5. If you and your partner are looking for a fun-filled, action-packed vacation, you might want to try the entertainment capital, Las Vegas. Many Las Vegas hotels offer honeymoon packages for you and your new spouse. In addition to gambling, you will find shopping, nightlife, and even a short drive to the Grand Canyon, another favorite of tourists.
Whether you choose the immaculate beaches of Hawaii, the picturesque mountain views of Napa Valley, or the 24-hour excitement of Las Vegas, you and your partner will find what you are looking for with a U.S. honeymoon.